28 Temmuz 2015
Abdullah Erbay and Uğur Çıtak, observers from the Hasene Organization, conducted the distribution of food supplies in the cities Katmandu, Banighat, Gandaki and Gorkha, a region with severe communication and transportation conditions. The Gorkha region, one of the epicenters of the earthquake, which is five-hour distance away from the capital, is difficult to reach by means of transportation due to its 2000-meter altitude.
Our organization observers managed to distribute the food supplies to their rightful owners, by means of travelling on jeeps up to some point, then continuing by motorcycles. The food supplies amount to the number of 700, each 40 kilos.
HASENE International e. V.Kreissparkasse Köln
IBAN: DE80 3705 0299 0149 2890 54
TRACES OF DESTRUCTION IN NEPAL
Last week, Nepal had a major earthquake, which resulted in the deaths of thousands. The latest updates from our observers on the casualties of the earthquake are:
- Aftermath figures of the Earthquake in Nepal:
- According to the official figures, the number of fatalities has already reached 7.000, which is feared to go up to 10.000. Around ten thousand people are injured.
- The number of people affected by the earthquake is eight million.
- Around 550.000 buildings were destroyed, 70.000 of which is uninhabitable. 16.000 uninhabitable buildings were schools and health institutions.
- 3 million children and 1.4 million grown-ups are in need of immediate aid.